Friday, July 17, 2009

HP6

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince just came out in theatres and I was lucky enough to be invited to help throw one of the biggest Hogsmead Festivals in the state of Utah. D and I went as Fred and George Weasley. It was a kick in the pants to mess my hair up and then look D right in the face and begin a serious conversation!J an old "midnight showing" friend ( standing in the background) was in charge of the festival and he did the most amazing job! It was really fun because, we met up with old midnight movie friends (I am not sure if it is a good thing or not, but there were many people there that recognized me and called me by the name capt. jac...then looked at me and said, "what is your real name?"), and made new ones. It was fun looking at everyone in costume...takes me back to my youth (or the last midnight movie I went to...)
Lucius Malfoy and Belletrix Lestrange freaked us out so much that we had to take a picture with them. We tried to get them to smile, being Fred and George, but we were shot down one joke after another. In my opinion they should have won the costume contest!















Here we are the Happy Weasley family. Mum, Fred and George, Ginny, and Ron...ahhhh the memories! (And yes, this was one of those hair moments!)














Then we have Professor Dumbledore, Professor Trelawny, us, and Ginny (that little sister of ours just tags along...little sisters!) And good 'ol Hagrid. Wouldn't be a party with out him!














And last but not least we have the Gryffendor Quidditch Team of which we are a part of...Beaters we are! The best in the business.

1 comment:

Gandalf said...

MAN...that Fred Weasley is one sexy beast!! :)

The party was awesome...let's do some other crazy shenanigans in the near future. :)