Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Friends and Lunch



Yesterday was a blast from the past. M who I went to elementary school, Jr. High, High School, and roomed for with 2 years at Ricks College, contacted S (who went to Ricks with us) and I. Thank heavens for M and her determination to get us together, because she set up a "play date" for us and we got together for an afternoon of catching up. Our kids had fun playing in the water and we had fun chatting and laughing. It was so good to see them again and I look forward to our "girls only" night when we can shed the children! We did miss M2 who couldn't make it from a state far away :( and hope to catch her the next time she is in town!
I walked away rejuvenated, feeling younger, and joyful. These ladies are great examples to me and their friendship means a lot. It was a breath of fresh air, uplifting, and I could go on and on about how wonderful it was...but I will spare you the bliss!
I did however have an incident on the way out of the park which gave us all something to say: Hayden: "Did that guy want to marry you? I don't want him to be my dad!" Hunter: "Is that the craziest man you have ever met? Compare that to the guys in NY...which is worse?" Harley: (rolling her 13 year old eyes) "He should have been talking to me!" What a way to end the day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: