Thursday, May 29, 2008

No Work

I have worked every summer for the past 8 years of my life. I have balanced my job, Dave's landscaping, the kids, and the house for 8 summers. This year is a life changing summer for me. I am finally getting paid a salary for my job at Spectrum and so I do not need to work this summer. I am actually only working 1 day a week. I have 5 days of the week that I will not be working. I am not really sure what to do with myself. I think that maybe I will be able to keep the yard nice, the house spotless, the kids up to date with their academics, and read all the beautiful books I want. I am a little worried because I do really well when I am busy, things get done when I have a deadline to meet. What if I fall into the "no deadline, no work, just sleep" mode? Then again, would that be so bad?? I have been really stressed and busy this year...hmmmm maybe this summer will be a blessing that has come from on high! Anyone want to play this summer??

1 comment:

Jess said...

your kids are lucky to have you home this summer. You know we want to play. LOTS! I think you are very deserving of a break. I'm a little bit jealous of the salary though. I won't be getting paid anything at all......