Thursday, May 29, 2008

Precious To Me

Of all the worldly possesions that I have, the question was posed, "If you could take one thing with you to heaven what would it be?" It was actually a really easy question for me to answer. Of course I love my books and bookcase, and the love I have for motorcycles....love, but the one and only thing that I would want to take with me and would actually love to have in the casket with me (remember that all of you!) are the paintings that my Dad painted for me. I know that my Dad puts a lot of thought and effort into his paintings. He changes them daily until they are perfect. It has meant a lot to me to have him paint something for me. He knows me so well that he can paint a picture that I would love and display in my home. The pirate ship painting is one he painted for me when I was going through a really hard time in my life. Every time I look at that painting I can feel the hurt and love my Dad felt for me. It was a gift of the heart and it is the 1 thing I want to take with me to heaven.



No comments: