Saturday, May 3, 2008

Team Giraffe









Today was the Autism Walks event at Cottonwood High School. My family and friends came out to support Hayden and me (Spectrum Academy) and we had a great time playing, walking, and walking! It was a 5k (3miles for all of you who are also metrically challenged) and after the 1st lap the kids were ready to play but they were champions and finished the entire 5k. Thankfully the sun was out and the weather was perfect!

The walk was to raise money for Autism research and to show off our fantastic children, siblings, and others that are on the Autism Spectrum. They are amazing people that are the future of our world so it was nice to have all the support that I got. I am so grateful to be surrounded by friends and family that love and support my family in our adventure down the Autism Road. Thank you Krist, Matt, Bostyn, Leighton, Angie, Peyton, Stockton, Easton, Berklie, Ginger (Maka), Dena, Martha, Echo, June (& family), Poulsons, and the Counters!

2 comments:

Poulsen People said...

Stephanie and I are really sorry that we weren't able to go to the walk. Stephanie and I have both been dealing with colds of death. I've been floored for almost the entire week. But we have been completely honored that you mentioned us. We love you and your family like we love my sisters. (This is Doug, but it says Steph... I don't know why.) But we just think you are awesome. We'll need to come play with Shrute again.

Gandalf said...

Yeah--uh...Doug...your parents have the same last name as you do, and...uh...they were there--I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that The Cap'm was referencing them and not you...but I could be wrong. :)