Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I sew-I am sewing-I am a Seamstress!


Remember the movie with Bill Murray, What About Bob? The scene where Bob has been lashed to the sailboat mast and it jubilantly yelling, "I sail, I am sailing, I am a sailor" that is how I felt on Tuesday. Jess, my crafty friend, has a fabulous idea of taking all the pants that are too small and making skirts out of them. I was thrilled because I seemed to have a LOT of pants in the "too small" category. Also, Jess offered to help hem the new clothes I got for school. So I was all game until I realized that it would involve SEWING.....AHHHHHH! Jess assured me she would do all the sewing machine stuff and I inserted "plus all things using a needle and thread". We got started right away by cutting all the pants up and pinning them where they needed to be. It seemed easy enough, then Jess asked me if I wanted to sew them....Uhhhh I politly gave her some excuse about never using other people's sewing machines and watched her sew away! Ok I did do some fabulous cutting and pinning!
The skirts turned out so so so cute!
The bummer (for me) was when the cutest skirt (camo) was still to small for me so Jess (much skinnier) got a new skirt! In all we made 3 skirts and hemmed 3 pairs of pants. Half way through the process Jess looked up at me and asked if I was O.K. Apparently the look of death was on my face. But it was not so bad and my headache went away about an hour after I got home. All in all a sucessful day for me and I proudly yell, "I sew, I am sewing, I am a seamstress..."

4 comments:

Jess said...

you are a seamstress! I don't think anyone can pin and cut quite like you can! I can't wait to wear the camo skirt. I think I'll pair it with a pink shirt to bring out the dragon.....

Marf said...

Steph you seamstress you!!! I am stunned and amazed at your sewing ways!

Anonymous said...

I am inspired by your fearless adventure in sewing. Some of the ladies at work are going to teach me how to thread my sewing machine that's been in a box for 4 years, and then show me how to make a tote bag. Maybe I'll post a picture when I'm done in 4 more years. After that, you will be so in awe of my sewing talents that you will actually put a link to my blog on your blog. Your HP Friend, -Meed-

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

You make me happy, Stefie... I love you, and I can't wait to see you in your newly, sewn, gosh-darn cutest skirt!!! YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK DUDE!!!