Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My days will never be the same....

"Summer is over so why is it still hot"? This is the question my 7 year old asked me yesterday. School marks the death of all that is fun and warm right? Dave and I both had students at school Monday and it was a bit crazy for us.
Autism is a funny thing and there are many levels of "high functioning." I have decided that every parent wants to believe that their child IS high functioning, because it gives them hope. However, it gives me a lot of screaming, angry, scared kids to wrestle with on the first day of school! I was exhausted after school and I still had my own kids to manage until bed. Gone are the days of naps, gone are the days of swimming for hours at Kristi's pool, gone are the days when I could sleep in, gone are MY days. There is 20 minutes of reading for each of my 3 kids...2 of which have to be monitored at all times :( Learning Plans to sign, homework to finish, violin to practice, football to practice (and coach), behaviors to change, mean girls at school, mean teachers at school...I am sure all of you feel the same way I do, but it feels good to get it off my chest in into written words.

No comments: