Monday, March 17, 2008

capt.jac.

Question: Why have I adopted the name capt.jac.sparrow?

Fact: When Peyton (who is my cutest nephew) was 3 years old, I was at his house with the intention of watching a movie with his parents. When the movie chosen was Pirates of the Carribean, I was truly touched and giddy with joy! Within the first 10 minutes of the show Peyton became a bit nervous and decided he did not like this show. No, I did not flog him. But what I did do has changed my life forever. I put Peyton on my lap and told him a "secret". I told him that I was really Captain Jack Sparrow. His mom, Angie, did my hair like that for the movie and Kristi, his Aunt, helped me pick out my clothes. I began to do a play by play of the movie and told him how I did all the cool tricks. I told Peyton that it was all pretend and I had a lot of fun making the movie so he didn't need to be afraid of it. Peyton was a great sport and we sat together and watched the rest of the movie.

A couple months later I got a messge on my cell phone from Peyton. He was in California with his family on their Disneyland trip. The message was "Hey Stefie I saw you and I waved to you, did you see me?" I truly had no idea what he was talking about so I called Angie to inquire. She told me that during the Pirates of Pensance ride Peyton started pointing at Captain Jack Sparrow and waving "Stefie, it's me, it's Peyton." Then the sweet little angel proceeded to tell the rest of his family that it was me, Captain Jack Sparrow. When Peyton got on the phone he asked me again "did you see me?" and of course I said, "Yes I did, did you see me wave back?" And from that point on I have been capt.jac.sparrow!

3 comments:

Gandalf said...

Long live the Captain!!! And I'm sure that your many voyages sent you to Prague at some point, right? Love from the other Jack

Marf said...

That is really the cutest story!! I cried.........but not too much, as that would not be appropriate for someone to cry at a pirate story.

Gandalf said...

Yeah, as far as the hair thing goes, I really wanted to vote for long captainish dreads, or long elfish strait hair, but neither option was available!!