Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Do Believe In Fairies, I Do, I Do!


Faith Hill sings a song that it Titled Fireflies. This song is the theme song for my life. Some people think I am crazy, that is ok. Some people find it highly entertaining, that is good. And some people join in the fun, that is great!
...before you knew me I'd traveled 'round the world
And I slept in castles...
Because I was taught to dream
I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
To capture Tinker Bell
And they were just fireflies to the untrained eye
But I could always tell
Cause I believe in fairy tales
And dreamer's dreams
Like bedsheet sails
And I believe in Peter Pan
And miracles, anything I can to get by
And fireflies...
In my favorite Peter Pan movie, there is a scene where Tinkerbell has taken the poison to protect Peter and she dies. All the light, happiness, and love go out of Neverland. All is dark and dreary. Peter drops to the ground where Tink's limp body lays and says, "I do believe in Fairies, I do, I do!" over and over. The scene then pans to the world around us. Children of all ages are repeating "I do belive in Fairies, I do, I do!" Then Tink comes back to life. At this point light and happiness come back to Neverland.
I believe in the need for light and joy. I believe we all need something or someone to bring happiness to us. I belive in Fairies! I believe if you don't know how to dream, you don't know how to live your life to the fullest it can be!



1 comment:

Jess said...

beautiful! I believe in fairies too! I do!

So which Peter Pan movie is your favorite? I'm thinking Neverland. Am I right?