Wednesday, June 25, 2008

FLORIDA

Dave and I spent the past 4 days in St. Petersburg Florida. There are many things in St. Pete's that are aligned with my life and I feel I was drawn there at the crossroads. There are many things that are in St. Pete's that I did not look for but that came screaming into my life.
The first and foremost was the Pirates of St. Pete's. I am not kidding or fantasizing or being crazy, I am telling you that there are Pirate parafanalia everywhere. Not Disney pirates, real live pirates. Apparently St. Petersburg was a hub for these fantastic Pirate people of my life, ever heard of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?? Hmmmm that was brought to my attention by my husband who thought he was going to squash the pirate in me by going to Florida. Every store, restaurant, gift shop we went into had Pirate signs, pictures, and flags. I swear I was in heaven.
My favorite shirts and signs said: "Got Rum?" "Surrender Your Booty" "This Property Is Protected By Pirates" and "Land At Own Risk" I got 1 tee shirt and one decal for the truck, the decision was so hard....St. Pete's Beach is the place of my soul's birth, I was finally home! :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Who knew? I'm glad you had a good time and I'm also glad you made it home.

Marf said...

Matt and I stayed in St. Pete's for a conference once and it was heaven!! I am so glad you got to get away - you deserve it!!