Sunday, June 8, 2008

Good Movie

I read the Kite Runner 2 years ago and have been haunted by it ever since. I have recommended this book only as a book to read if you want to know how blessed and lucky you are to live in the United States of America. This past year the Kite Runner movie debuted and everyone has told me what a great movie it was. "Obviously you have not read the book" was my reply to everyone. I did not want to actually see the horrible things the villains were doing, I read them and visualized it in my head, that was enough for me.
Last night Dave brought home a video for us to watch. He popped in the DVD and "what! What is this! This is Kite Runner! Uhhhh I am not sure I want to watch this." But Dave said we could turn it off if it got bad, so I relented. I already had my negative attitude turned on, so I got ready with the remote in hand.
The remote was forgotten within the first 10 minutes of the movie. It was beautifully done. The characters where everything I had imagined. The horrific villains were left out or "dumbed down" and it was a great inspiring movie. I was mesmerized by the music and I loved the scenery.
At the end of the movie both Dave and I were teary eyed and we sat in silence for a moment. It was that good. I recommend this movie to an adult person. If you have already read the book your angry and confused emotions may pop up, as did mine, but the movie is so well done that I have nothing bad to say about it!

No comments: