Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Waves

The hotel we stayed at was right on the beach. The resort was Trade Winds and the beach was called "St. Pete's Beach" and it was on the Gulf of Mexico. The water was the warmest water I have ever felt before. I was a beautiful light green/blue color and the waves were very small. The 4 nights I was there I spent down at the waters edge just listening to the waves hit the sand. I felt at ease and peaceful while I was there.

The one day that it was NOT raining, I spent 2 hours standing in the water feeling the motion of the water, listening to the rhythm of the waves. I have to admit I was not going to go deeper than my knees (sting ray, fish, shark) so I had no desire to be IN the water just with the water. I felt like I could definitely live on a ship out at sea with the breeze on my face and the waves underneath me.
That is of course until the storms hit. Let me tell you the locals they know this, they can "smell the storm a'cumin" and within 5 minutes-rain, wind, rageful water...I like Utah.

No comments: