Monday, March 19, 2012

Nephi's Vision

With Nephi's vision of future things, I made a time line with Letters A, B, C, D, E representing what Nephi saw and when it actually took place. 

Then I made envelopes that had the information for each letter.


In each envelope I put:
the event with the date,
scripture that describes what Nephi saw,
a picture of what Nephi saw,
and quotes from Prophets and Apostles supporting Nephi. 
I then divided the class into 5 groups.  I told them there were 3 objectives that they needed to accomplish in the class time:
1. to meet someone you didn't know
2. to learn something you didn't know
3.to share something with the group that you do know
Each group was then given their envelope and told them to open it up and read through it.  They were going to have 10 minutes to come up with a mini lesson to teach the entire group.

This lesson was a great way for a high turn over wards to meet knew people, a large ward to break into smaller more comfortable groups for discussion, or for when the teacher is sick and has lost her voice (as was my case!).


No comments: